- Full-time private practice since 1990.
- Graduate School Faculty since 1987:
- John F. Kennedy University, Transpersonal Psychology.
- California Institute of Integral Studies, Counseling Psychology.
- Supervision and Consultation since 1993:
- Clinical supervision of interns and trainees.
- Consultation for writers (see below).
- Mindfulness training.
- Internship in Counseling Psychology, 1988-1990
- Mills College, Counseling & Psychological Services Center.
- M.A. Clinical Psychology, John F. Kennedy University
- B.A. English, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois
- Training in the Treatment of Trauma, Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute.
- Registered Artist-Therapist, American Expressive Arts Therapy Association.
- Supervisory Study Program, The Psychotherapy Institute, Berkeley.
- Mediation Training, Lemmon Mediation Institute.
- Life Coach, Franklin-Covey Institute.
- Foundations of Buddhist Thought, Jamyang Buddhist Centre, London.
- Advanced Yoga Studies Program, The Yoga Room, Berkeley.
- Moksha Yoga Shala Advanced Yoga Studies Program.
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, California Board of Behavioral Science Examiners, 1990. License # MFT27514
- One Continuous Mistake: Four Noble Truths for Writers. Penguin, 1999.
- The Intuitive Writer: Listening to Your Own Voice. Penguin, 2002.
- Writing the Fire: Yoga and the Art of Making Your Words Come Alive. Random House/Bell Tower, 2006.